The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Metal"~Sunday Stills Challenge 082210 and SOOC















































































































I went out yesterday afternoon to photograph some of the metal art sculptures which are around town. There are quite a few of them and these certainly are not all that there are in Palm Desert, but they are a good sample. I, of course, especially like the horse ones (since I have 5 horses myself!). The dragonfly is an interesting one and its wings and body are made of metal. I tapped its head and it seemed to be some kind of durable plastic. Finally, this crop dusting helicopter was up near where I board my horses yesterday and he was zipping back and forth along a field with his pesticides. Unfortunately, when he zigged one time, I got a mouthful of the stuff! YUCK! I'll have to be more mindful of the wind patterns next time! So, enjoy these samplings from Palm Desert and our local mountains! Sunday Stills Challenge ~~"metal"~~ for August 22, 2010. All photos were taken yesterday and are "straight out of the camera". SOOC for August 22, 2010. To view other SSC participants, please visit: http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

7 comments:

  1. Metal sculptures are cool! Amazing photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great sculptures! I love metal art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the horse statues too! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I liked them all. I'm with you on the horse sculptures, just beautiful. Welcome to Sunday Stills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sculptures...am always fascinated with collage-media types as in the third and fourth photos. But all the sculptures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm partial to the horses. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The metal sculptures are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete