Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ghost clouds~SkyWatch Friday 011311













Sometimes I look up in Deep Canyon and see what I call "ghost clouds". They aren't the big summer thunderheads. They aren't the cotton candy or "tractor clouds" that I often see. Instead, these are whispy clouds that I sometimes see over Deep Canyon. I found these up in Whitewater Canyon. Aren't they unusual and almost spirtual? I think they are and I LOVE to spot them! SkyWatch Friday for January 13, 2011.

10 comments:

  1. I love this post, images like these are amongst my fave to capture as well, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love these photos. Ghost clouds is an excellent name for these clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisps of clouds or the clouds that look like cottonballs, are among my favorites to capture. These are some of the simple pleasures of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these great shots. Half the pics I take in the desert are of the sky and the clouds. Saw several of these wispy ones over Palm Springs once. Like paint brush strokes over that huge canvas of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful whispy clouds and blue skies.

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/01/sky-watch_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so pretty! I can imagine the breeze in the air and the feel of the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete