The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I've always wanted to photograph...Round Robin Challenge 011511













I've always wanted to photograph snow blowing off the top of a mountain and on our last trip to the Sierras, in December, right before New Year's Eve, hubby and I drove up there for a 3 day trip. I had been under the weather with bronchitis and I'm STILL getting over it, but I bundled up and off we went. It was snowing in the Sierras the Wednesday afternoon we drove up there, but the next morning, oh, my! What a beautiful, white landscape. We stayed in Lone Pine and as soon as I woke up, I hopped up and ran across the highway (Highway 395) to view the Sierras near Mt. Whitney. Yes! There was snow blowing off the tops of them! I grabbed my camera and snapped away. Turns out, I didn't need to rush...the entire Sierra range, from Lone Pine to Bishop, had the same effect all day! Here are some pics of what I saw. Round Robin Challenge for January 15, 2011. To visit other participants, please visit: http://roundrobinphoto.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Very cool to capture a dream. These are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, sure would be nice to photograph snow on mountaintops.

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/01/round-robin-challenge-i-always-wanted.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all. What a spectacular place AND a spectacular day!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I would love to be able to just see the snow blowing off the tops of the mountains, and then photographing them would be the icing on the cake.

    Wonderful job!!

    Found you via Round Robin Photo Challenge. Can't wait to see what the next challenge will be, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots, thanks. Doubt if I'll ever see this effect coming over San Jacinto.

    ReplyDelete