Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunflower and worm~Mellow Yellow Monday 032111


Yesterday was such a dull and dreary day here that I went outside with my camera to take a couple of photos of one of my sunflowers out by the fence, when to my horror, I saw a WORM on it! ACK! Something has been eating the leaves and I've searched and searched and...there! Right in the middle of my sunflower, was a little bugger! (double click on the photo to enlarge it and see the culprit)! I put down my camera and grabbed the little critter in my fingers and OOPS! Down into the grass it went. It can eat my grass, but NOT my sunflowers! Mellow Yellow Monday for March 21, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Bad Bug. Very bad bug. Doan mess with the sunflowers (especially on a dreary day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it likes those sunflowers as much as you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me the amount of "damage" those little guys can do--big eaters, I guess. Love your sunflower, worm and all--I'm from Kansas and they are all over the place here. They are the state flower. Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eckkkk a worm!! It's a bugger to see bugs around our favorite flower lol!
    MYM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!

    My Mellow Yellow, come and see. Have a lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower! But worms don't mean to ruin it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it time for sunflowers yet? Will have to visit my allotment soon. Nice sunflower.

    Check out my Yellow Cala.

    ReplyDelete