Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

His and hers photos tall trees Yosemite







Last post I talked about how I FINALLY began to use the manual settings on my camera and how I set them. In this post I wanted to show you the difference between hubby's camera and lens and mine. I have a Nikon D40x ( a relatively old and inexpensive model), with a Tamron 18-200 mm lens which also has the MACRO (close-up) feature. He has a newer Canon Rebel with a 50 mm wide angle lens, which I believe is a Zeiss lens. I can take macro shots that he can't, but he can get those beautiful, wide angle shots that I can't. So, I figure we complement each other pretty well. The bottom 3 photos are some that he took at the Mariposa grove, which is right inside the west entrance to Yosemite. The top 3 are mine that I took at the same location. See the difference? And, yes, that's me walking toward the fallen tree. I really just wanted to show you all the difference between our two lenses. His lets MUCH more light in, since it is wider than mine. However, I can zoom in and focus on things far away, but he can't. I do like the effect of the wide angle lens and someday I'd love to have one, but for now, I'm happy with what I have!

5 comments:

  1. Love the view from both. However, that wide angle really shows me the sheer size of the tree....although if you weren't in the shot the size wouldn't come out nearly as clearly. LOVE THESE AND WANNA GO THERE!!!!!!!! I'm soooo jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all good! I have one of the Tamron multi-purpose lenses also. I rarely ever take it off my camera now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting some great blue skies with your lens... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Tamron lens, too, and it is my everyday lens. Tamron doesn't get much respect here in the states but in Europe it is considered as good as, or better than, the Nikon and Canon lenses. Great shots, by the way. Your mastery of the manual setting is showing.

    ReplyDelete