Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Aspen road~Sunday Stills Challenge~091811

Hubby and I are once again up in the Sierra.  This trip we are looking for early signs of fall, especially any aspen which are turning yellow.  It's really too early for most aspen, but there are a few "early birds".  We drove up the road outside of Bishop, up to South Lake yesterday.  Along the way, I spotted a side road (our favorite kind of road) which was lined with aspen, so away we went.  I parked the car and we walked back along it.  Unfortunately, in my eagerness, I walked further than I should have and altitude sickness hit me about an hour later.  I was dizzy, had a horrible headache, and started shaking.  So, we stopped for a late lunch in Bishop at Jack's and after eating some food and drinking a large glass of ice tea, I felt better!  Here is the road to the aspen.  Sunday Stills Challenge for September 18, 2011.

8 comments:

  1. Our aspen are just beginning to turn. Posted a few pics today.

    Be careful with those changes in elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, and no yellow that I could see yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those road make me want to see where they good. I love Jack's, It was closed last time we went through there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altitude sickness? Eek. I never want to experience that lol.

    That road looks so narrow! Very pretty though. :)

    ReplyDelete