Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hummingbirds~Nature Notes~092930




The ranch owner up at the horse ranch has several hummingbird feeders around her front porch and I always love to see the little guys flying around!  They are so cute and colorful.  She told me that many of these are last year's babies.  Additionally, some of these are on their annual migration to Mexico.  I counted 16 of them on Sunday.  Aren't they adorable?  Nature Notes for September 29, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

5 comments:

  1. I love to watch the hummers. Think all of ours have flown south already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cute little guys. We are lucky to have some around our house that live there year round. Love the tiny nests and babies.
    Great pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so hoping that the people in Texas are putting out feeders for the little migrators...lovely photos...

    ReplyDelete