Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Mono Lake tree~SkyWatch Friday ~092311

Those of you who follow this blog know I have a favorite tree up in the pinyon forest next to Deep Canyon.  I found this one while driving down the county road west of Mono Lake.  I like its lines, too.  There are several dead trees along the road, which meanders out to the Mono Lake Cemetery, and I always like to drive down the road and see them.  It was very late in the afternoon when we drove by this tree on our Sierra trip last weekend and soon it was too dark to photograph anything, so we just went to the county park and listened to all of the gully out on the lake.  SkyWatch Friday for September 22, 2011. To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to:  http://skyley.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. I agree about the lines of this tree! It must be fascinating, watching it against the changing sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'know, whenever I'm homesick, I know where to come. That must have been a lovely trip and I do like the shot of the single tree (which is what my chums in Texas called Lone Pine in my misspent youth). Listening to the gulls near Mono Lake is certainly a worthwhile way to spend one's time. Have you seen the tee-shirt with the life cycles of the various critters associated with the lake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked with hubby -I thought we had been there, but her says it was Mirror Lake, because you have to hike to mono Lake (I do most of my plein air paintings in Yosemite). Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo--that lone tree looks quite impressive standing there. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent and very nice photography.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. trees are popping up everywhere for me this week, and now, here is yours
    so I am paying attention

    something captivating about bare branches pointing to the sky

    ReplyDelete