The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My favorite place ~Outdoor Wednesday ~090711



I have a favorite spot along Deep Canyon in the pinyon forest.  There's a dirt road that goes through it and it's where I took the photo that is my header for this blog.  There is a small turnout nearby and I frequently see other people stopped there, taking photos.  It's got a great view of the canyon below and it is near a Cahuilla Indian site.  It's quiet and peaceful there, except for the noisy scrub jays!  They can be quite loud.  The fly and swoop through the pinyons at record-breaking speed.  This place is special for me and I have a feeling it was special for the Indians who lived nearby. Sometimes I just go there to clear my head.  The dirt road is very narrow and rutted and I actually drove partway out over it one time, but someday I'm going to hike all the way back through it (when hubby is along) and see what is at the end.  In the meantime, I'll stick to places near the highway and look at the clouds and pinyons and listen to the jays.  Outdoor Wednesday for September 7, 2011.  To visit Outdoor Wednesday, please go to:  http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. it is beautiful. the rugged rocks, skies and clouds... the 3rd shot with the old tree spire is perfection...

    ReplyDelete