The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Signs of Fall~Sunday Stills Challenge~092411

Hubby and I are in San Diego this weekend.  Yes, from the Sierra to San Diego.  Phew!  He wanted to get out of our 106 degree days in the desert, so off we went.  We left home Friday night, drove up Highway 74, down through Temecula, and then out Interstate 15 to Rancho Bernardo.  My aunt and uncle lived there a year ago and the Marriott Residence Inn is right off Camino del Norte, where we used to turn to go to their home.  My aunt now resides in the desert, near us, but my cousin still lives in Rancho Bernardo.  So, my aunt gets to visit her daughter and enjoy the cool ocean air.  We are enjoying it, too.  Yesterday we awoke to fog and this morning is foggy, too.  What a difference from our hot, desert days!  Honestly, we are just so sick and tired of 100+ degree days, I want to SCREAM!!! That kind of heat just wears 'ya out!  Yesterday morning hubby and I drove out to see my parents' former ranch, on Gopher Canyon Road.  Then, we drove out River Road so that I could view this old bridge.  It is now closed to traffic, except for bicyclists.  And, there were plenty who rode by!  I was saddened to see the state of this old bridge (They are building a new overpass nearby.) and I'm glad we stopped to take photos of it, as it may not be around much longer.  The bush or tree in front of it had already turned yellow, so I'm including this for signs of fall on the Sunday Stills Challenge for September 24, 2011. To visit Sunday Stills Challenge, please go to:  http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful picture of the old bridge. Too bad it is now closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo! Almost looks like a scene from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool photo. Bridges make for great content. : )

    ReplyDelete