Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pinyons~Nature Notes~120111




This weekend I wanted to stop by the pinyon area of Deep Canyon to pick up some pinyon nuts for our scrub jay who lives in our neighborhood.  There were so many on the ground that I picked up some in my hand (see photo).  They were all over the place!  I brought these home for the jay, but he prefers unshelled peanuts!  (go figure!)...I always enjoy the pinyon areas of this canyon and this road is a well used dirt road that leads up to a housing settlement there.  Nature Notes for December 1, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

2 comments:

  1. I would have picked up a basketful for myself, the jay can eat the peanuts and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jays love peanuts..I have shelled and unshelled which they carry off and then eat the shelled..

    ReplyDelete