Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bright flowers to brighten up your day~Today's Flowers~121111




After a couple of depressing posts about the loss of the valley's pepper crop, I went through my archives from the past couple of weeks and found some COLOR!  Early one morning, I drove up and down El Paseo, which is at the base of Highway 74 and Deep Canyon.  It is Palm Desert's premier shopping center.  The medians there are all full of pansies, snapdragons, and petunias.  And...COLOR!  The sprinklers had just turned off before I drove by and some of the flowers were coated with water.  Please enjoy the color and have a good day!  I'm trying to fight the flu which is going around my school.  Hubby had it about 8 days ago and I'm staying indoors today and I'm going to rest as I have one more week of school before our three week vacation.  To visit Today's Flowers, please go to:  http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some happy colors with us today. Flowers always brighten my mood. Hope you are feeling better and aren't sick for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that you bring us the old-fashioned garden favourites. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful flowers, and I love your header shot too. I remember those incredible blue skies when I was out there a few years back.

    ReplyDelete