The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Swallowtail butterflies~Nature Notes~062012


We've seen a lot of swallowtail butterflies up here in the Sierra Nevada.  I found this one off our favorite road in Lone Pine when we were driving up on Sunday.  I have also seen several fly by our cabin near June Lake.  Unfortunately, I'm down with a bad cold and headache today, so this is a "zero" day for us...no sightseeing, no photographs.  I hope I'm okay tomorrow because we still want to get to Bodie and Yosemite.  Nature Notes for June 20, 2012.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen many here this season and I don't know why so I enjoyed yours.. Oh..a summer cold is the pits.. Take care and feel better soon....Michelle

    ReplyDelete