Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fire on Highway 74


There was a small (2 acre) fire up on Highway 74 a couple of days ago.  It must have been far off the road because I didn't see any sign of it going up the mountain or coming down yesterday.  Thank goodness it was quickly put out!  Phew!~I  did notice yesterday that someone has closed off my favorite dirt road (see pics). I don't know if the forest service did this or who did it.  Frankly, I'm glad because that road is very narrow with a lot of vegetation.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite kind of road! We discovered a new batch of them yesterday up in the Mt. Laguna area. Too hot to do much exploring though. We'll come back when it's cooler...

    ReplyDelete