The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cali having some fun!





Folks keep asking for me to post photos of my horses here.  I actually have another blog dedicated to them over at:   http://deserthorses.blogspot.com, but yesterday I took Cali down to the arena for some R&R.  She is in a large corral with her herd mate, Scout.  But, occasionally she needs some time ALONE (away from her half sister) (They are from the same wild herd up in Wyoming, the Salt Creek mustang herd).  I forgot that it was windy yesterday when I took Cali out for a walk.  She spooked at the flapping bags on the old trailer, she spooked at the flapping tarp over the hay stack, and she spooked at blowing leaves, but we made it down to the arena in one piece.  I'm actually glad that things WERE moving yesterday because it gives her experience with "strange" and "spooky" things!  She didn't bolt, she only flinched and froze a couple of times.  Geez...I mean, she's a MUSTANG!  I wonder how Scout would have done...hmmm.... Anyway, after munching on dry leaves, Cali finally took off running in the arena and letting off some steam.  She walked back to the corral quietly and without any drama!  Third photo down shows my two geldings, Sunni and Quad, looking at Cali's antics in the arena.  Cali has always enjoyed her "free time"!

2 comments:

  1. Hi from an English guy who lives in France. Your photos are beautiful and you obviously know how to use a camera. That's not my case but still, I've started doing photoblogs recently because even if they aren't pro pix or anything I still like doing them for the sheer pleasure of it. That's why I'm going through Blogger lists of those interested in photography, to find good photos to look at. Maybe I should start by buying az 'real' camera as I only have a Lumix digital one right now. It's easy to use but it doesn't give anything like the results a good camera does.

    As for horses, I'll never forget the day I learned to ride one. It was many years ago and during my first real ride I lost my wallet as I had been foolish enough to keep it carelessly hanging out of a back pocket. Lesson learned and although I still ride from time to time I keep my wallet in a pouch these days.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Free time is so good for them...all animals...people too!..>:)JP

    ReplyDelete