So, the hubby and I were called to babysit a couple of weeks ago because the one year old had a runny nose and cough and couldn't go to daycare. Now, we BOTH got our flu shots this year, soooooo.....
We lasted 2 days. Then I got a sore throat. And a tickle. So, the mother-in-law was called and she babysat for... 6 DAYS!
In the meantime, I got a nasty bout of bronchitis. I honestly don't even remember most of a week. I stayed in my pajamas and took naps all day. I coughed all night and couldn't sleep (neither could hubby because of my coughing). I drank TONS of hot water with lemon and honey.
I am now on day 15. I still have the cough and my energy level is very low. If I go out in the morning, I am DONE for the day. I need to go get a green smoothie and get my energy level back up.
I have, however, been working on various crafts. I'm now into bookmaking (journaling). Yesterday I sat on the couch and tea stained the pages in one book that I bought for $1.00 at the thrift store and used brown shoe polish on the other one. I love the covers and spines of both books, so I ripped out about 300 pages in each one, keeping about 100, which is still WAYYYY too many! I'll go through them again this morning and try to get them down to 50 pages each. I want to turn one into a nature journal and I'm not sure what to do yet with the other one. The prep on the books takes a LONG TIME! I've been watching YouTube videos on how to make journals (in my free time!) I REALLY love the nature ones.
We DID drive to Temecula Saturday to see the grandson's last baseball game. His team WON, so they went to a playoff game that evening, and they won that too, so he has another game this week. In the first game, the grandson got a double and 5 singles! And, 5 RBI's and he scored 5x. He watches a LOT of baseball games on TV and hubby says he has "baseball IQ"...(whatever that is...) I guess he just understands the game and the strategies?
AND, we are getting a new car! The XTerra is being traded for a Nissan Rogue, a hybrid! Don't know yet when we are getting it as it is in Northern California. Hubby found it online (there are NONE in Southern California currently...), so we are waiting to hear when they will ship it down here and to which dealership. We'll go from 18 mpg to 35 mpg. We can drive to the Sierra on one tank of gas, not 2!!!! I'm going to miss the XTerra, but with gas now hovering about $3.00 a gallon, it is time to rethink it. And, once the California gas taxes are increased...OY! OUCH! Oh, and it is being included with a 10' CAMPING TENT! An attachable tent! So, I guess hubby HAS been listening to me complain about not being able to go camping! Whoo, whoo!!! We have our sleeping bags, our cots, our chairs, our camping stove, and our cast iron pans. We actually have a Coleman 4 person tent (unused), so we are looking forward to doing some camping with our son and grandson this summer!!!!
Speaking of summer, it was 109 here Sunday and Monday. Ugh. Today it will ONLY be 107. It cools down by the end of the week, down to 90! We've had to turn on the air conditioner in order to survive! I left some water running at the birdbath and yesterday I had 3 hummingbirds, the Oriole pair, doves, sparrows, and finches. They sure appreciated the water!
Take care. Don't get this HORRIBLE bronchitis.
~Cheryl Ann~ I will post photos of my projects as soon as I take some!!!!! :-)
I would like to see your journals. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better now. I love the journals you're making. And a new car sounds exciting, especially if it includes camping. It was in the high 60s here today. When you can't take the heat, head up hill. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat is terrible!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling by now...
Just checking in. Hope you are back to normal by now!
ReplyDelete