July is always the hottest month here in our desert, but it seems that August is THE. WORST. MONTH!!!!! My plants always wilt and die. The birds are panting. I've set up 4 dishes of water for them (2 in front and 2 in back) and I even cleaned out the big water found (which doesn't work) for them in the front yard and the doves enjoy it. I also leave the hose running out back into the birdbath and I have 2 bowls under it to collect the water. Our neighborhood Cooper's hawk has shown up twice to enjoy a foot soak and a drink.
My garden HAS survived the summer (first time in years...). I think it is mainly because except for our brief Arizona trip to Heber/Overgaard, we've stayed home all summer.
Not much else new here. Oh, grandchild #5 arrived last week and I spent 3 days helping our son with food and laundry. The little one is now home and she is keeping her parents awake at night! HA!
We MAY take a trip to the eastern Sierra sometime in October, so hubby is busy researching Air B&B. We went for 5 nights last October and got photos of the fall colors, but we might just go to Idyllwild for a few days instead. The trip to Heber/Overgaard (6 HOURS) nearly did me in as I had to drive the entire way. And home, except for a 45 minute break!!!!! I haven't uploaded the few photos I took yet...maybe today if I can locate my uploader!
Be safe and stay well. We are staying INDOORS these days. It was 115 here yesterday and we have a heat wave through the weekend here...UGH...NO FUN!
~Cheryl Ann~
So darn hot! I think if we can just hang in there for another week things will start cooling down.
ReplyDelete