So, I've been busy this past week, but not in a good way. The little man (the 2 year old) has pediatric bronchitis and I had to stay home with him for 3 days. He had such a huge coughing fit on Friday that I texted his mother at school and told her and she ended up taking him to the ER at JFK hospital that afternoon for a chest x-ray. Fortunately he does NOT have pneumonia. JFK ER was one of the few places that will take a child under 3 for urgent care. Funny how that works...she was terrified the entire time they were there because some guy on meth came in and they announced a "Code 4"...must have been quite an ordeal.
So, I probably get to babysit him again next week, which means I'll be having more 13 hour days...At least he does take an afternoon nap, and so can I, but his Friday nap lasted 10 minutes and then he had his coughing fit.
I'm going to take my sewing machine with me next week and finish up 6 journal covers that I was able to cut out and glue together on Friday, so I'll have something to do. At one point he wanted to go outside (in the cold and wind) and Nana said, "NO!" and he had a meltdown, but there was NO WAY I was going to allow him outside in that cold weather. Nope, nope, nope!
I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday but run errands all day. I went to WalMart, Trader Joe's, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, and COSTCO, and then hit my favorite quilt shop on the way home. Today I have to go to our library and pick up 2 books that I ordered from other branches. Good thing I have a full tank of gas.
By the way, have you noticed that gasoline prices are slowly inching upward again? I have.
So, until next time...
~~Cheryl Ann~~
The sick little man and his daddy at the Living Desert Reserve.

No comments:
Post a Comment