COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Driver's license woes here in the US

There is a new system for drivers' licenses here in the US...The "REAL ID"...I had to get my DL renewed in February (my appointment, the ONLY one they had before my birthday, was February 13th).   So off I went, armed with (1) my birth certificate, my Medicare card, my property tax bill, and a couple other items to prove my residency.   Then the clerk asked for my ... marriage certificate!   EXCUSE ME?   I've been married now for 47 years with ONE NAME.  ... sigh... I didn't have it, so I had to get just the regular driver's license and I CANNOT enter a federal building or fly on an airplane until I update my info. Oh, and I was also informed I had to have a duplicate of my Social Security card!   WHAT NEXT?

Well, y goodness!   So, any MARRIED woman will have to bring in a copy of her marriage certificate.   What a bunch of BS.   I mean, REALLY.   I hardly even remember my maiden name...I haven't used it for so long!

Ohhh....GUESS WHO is out already in one of the bird seeders?   I hear his little whimpering song...yup...one of the male grosbeaks!

Okay...back to watching the birds!
Cheryl Ann


2 comments:

  1. (Sarcasm) Well you know we can never be to careful,what with all these illegals voting and such !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, thanks for the heads up! I sure wouldn't have thought to take the Marriage License with me! Just shaking my head....we all have to jump through hoops and the bad guys/gals are still going to be the bad guys/gals doing bad things. What are 'they' going to do next to 'fix' things? Going to give myself whiplash shaking my head so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete