COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hollyhocks are GONE! And, I'm sad...

Well, my hollyhocks out by the mailbox are... GONE.   They had mostly gone to seed and many were brown, so I went out at 6 a.m. this morning (with my still-sore elbow), and cut and pulled out what I could.   There are about 3 left with blooms, so I left those.   I managed to rake the area, but I can't hold the weeder to finish it off, so that will have to wait.   I made a huge pile of the stalks and I want to go out later and shake all the seeds out and collect them for this next fall when I can plant them again.

I drove up to the horse ranch yesterday for a quick visit, brushed 2 of the horses, gave them their wormers, and chatted with the ranch owner for quite a while.   It was nice up there, but by 11 a.m., it was getting warm.   I stopped by their local thrift store and got 7 pieces of really beautiful lace curtains to cut up for my journals, then home for a 90 minute nap!

Happy Fathers' Day to all you dads out there...grandfathers, too!   :-)
~Cheryl Ann~

No comments:

Post a Comment