COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, February 23, 2018

Our mountains got SNOW yesterday and I made a couple of videos!

I was out driving around yesterday, driving to Indio to pick up our daughter's dog and take him to the groomer, which is halfway between our home and theirs.  So, I decided to stay in that area rather than drive home.  I had 2 hours to use WISELY (wisely is the key word here...), so I went to my favorite thrift store and bought 22 cards @ 50 cents each for my journals.  They have BEAUTIFUL cards there and they have an entire display of them.  Then I went to my favorite quilting store and bought 2 fat quarters (cut to size) and 1 other one from their "leftover" bins.  I'll have to take photos there next time I go!  Then, down to Office Max/Office Depot.  WHAT a disappointment.  I left without buying... ANYTHING!  Oh, well...Then back to pick up the dog, back to Indio, and then home.  I arrived home at 1:30 p.m.  I left the house at 9 a.m.   I ate lunch and took a 2 HOUR NAP!

Anyway, on my way home, I took a seldom-used very narrow road through Bermuda Dunes, which is named for the once-existing sand dunes there.  This road has some of the last remaining ones and they are right next to the Coachella Valley Preserve, so they should last forever.  (hopefully)...

Anyway, here are two videos I made yesterday.  One shows our local mountains and the snow storm.  The second one shows the huge dunes that sometimes nearly cover the road!

Enjoy and please DO leave a comment or two!

~Cheryl Ann~

mountain storm:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xyb80iXni0

sand dunes:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUpTFGcgENs

3 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got some snow in the mountains, Cheryl Ann. I knew you were looking forward to that. Late this year. Maybe the only one too.

    Didn't see the video 😪. Two of the sand dunes instead. They're quite big. Didn't know they were there. You sure live in a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I fixed the link! I was going back and forth between the two and I obviously didn't get the link right!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of then are working now.
    Seeing snow in the mountains is exactly how I want to see it. I just heard that there may be some rain later in the week. We're at the river right now and it poured for a while yesterday. Unexpected. I really liked your videos. Based on the sand that is still there, there must have really been a lot before.

    ReplyDelete