COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

"The Dancer" is GONE!!!!!

There WAS a certain dead tree right off the highway that I always stopped and admired when I travel from our home in the desert to our local mountains.

But, ALAS, it is ... NO MORE!

I glanced over at it a few trips ago when hubby and I drove to Temecula to see our son and his family and...to my HORROR, it was GONE!

I FINALLY was able to stop and investigate a couple weeks ago (on another trip to Temecula) and THIS is what I found:




The branches DID NOT hang over the road, so there was no need for anyone to cut them if they were concerned about them scratching their car.

Can anybody help me figure out what happened????   Obviously someone cut it...

So sad.

Here she was in her glory.  See?  The branches curved away from the road...

2 comments:

  1. There must have been some reason. Maybe someone was afraid a dead branch would fall and hurt someone. Was pretty in its starkness against the sky. Maybe someone thought it looked ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug may be right, but it might have been someone who just couldn't leave well enough alone. Seriously, if the tree was already dead and someone felt the need to cut every branch off of it, then why didn't they cut the whole darn thing down?

    ReplyDelete