COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Our mountains are burning AGAIN!

I'm so sad to report that our mountains are burning... AGAIN.

The fire, the Cranston fire, was deliberately set and the suspect has been caught and arrested.   He was seen...get this...throwing FLARES from his white Honda.   He was even spotted by a lookout tower and a notice went out to the CHP (California Highway Patrol) with a description of his car and it was spotted and he was arrested.   He is being held on a $1,000,000 bail, so it is doubtful he will get out again.

In the meantime, another fire up by my friend Barbara's ranch in Pinyon Pines started and it is now at 200 acres.   The Cranston fire is up to 12,300 acres now and Highway 74 around Lake Hemet is CLOSED through Mountain Center.  The problem is that there just aren't roads up and down some of these mountains, so air tankers, helicopters, and crews are having to battle this one.


...sigh...

Here's a link to our local news station and its latest report:

https://www.kesq.com/news/50-acre-brush-fire-shuts-down-highway-74-between-mountain-center-cranston-fire-station/773086157

There are other major fires in California, including one near Yosemite National Park which has killed 2 people.

Smoke is filling up our valley and I'm constantly coughing (having had pneumonia several times)...I'm trying to stay inside as much as I can.

Until tomorrow...
~Cheryl Ann~~

No comments:

Post a Comment