Last Saturday's baseball game for our 9 year old grandson was rained out, but yesterday we all went to watch. By "all" I mean me, hubby, and Bodie, our 11 month old lab mix who we adopted from the Lone Pine animal shelter back in June. He knows a few commands now and he walks calmly (most of the time) with his harness. We wanted him to meet the 3 grand kids and we both knew he would love all the kids at the game, as well as every adult he met, and he did! He was well behaved except he started whining at one point. I took him for a walk and he didn't do anything. While on the walk, I realized how much I am missing my adventures up in our local mountains. I could smell the sycamore trees, see the leaves falling, I heard a quail calling, and saw clouds up in the blue sky. It was... MARVELOUS!
ANYWAY... (I digress...)
It was a good day for all. The grandson got to pitch for 2 innings and got a single, a double, a walk, and I missed his final at bat because I was out walking Bodie. The grandkids got to meet him and the 3 year old is absolutely IN LOVE with him! She was very gentle with him and made very slow movements. She's almost a dog whisperer!
It is a 90 minute drive there and then back home. We got home in time for Grandpa to turn on the Dodgers' game and I fixed myself dinner and had a beer! I toddled off to bed with Bodie about 7:30!
Pics below:
Grandpa took this photo
I took this one
The grandson pitching. Yes, he has LONG LEGS!
Baby Riley and her yogurt! She has my maternal grandmother's hair color (reddish) and my blue eyes, which I got from my maternal grandfather.




No comments:
Post a Comment