I usually stay home every day now after taking THE MISS ELLIE to kindergarten. However, Wednesdays are farmers' market days and I do enjoy walking around the Palm Desert one. I was sent out last week to purchase the "Beekeeper special" honey that is a mixture of blends and which is supposed to help one's allergies. Our daughter wanted a bottle of it. So, off I went.
Tuesdays, after dropping off the kindergartener, I usually stop by Gelsons and get my 10% "locals" discount. I can only afford to shop there once a week now. I pick up a pack of beef knuckle bones (usually 2) for the dog and that keeps him busy for a week. Their produce (I buy organic) is beautiful, so I head over there for lettuce, onions, even zucchini. They have stuff that the farmers' market doesn't carry too. And, then I go home.
So, I made 4 Christmas journals and now I'm making 2 boho (Bohemian) style ones. Maybe even 3...one is a straight boho, one a music themed boho, and the last one will be a writing boho. I've got piles of fabric and lace all over my table and my sewing machine went through 2 bobbins on Friday! I need to fill up 5 more!
I DID take time to watch the first 2 episodes of "The Romanoffs". The first one takes place in Paris and I'm going to watch it again. I didn't really care for the 2nd one. It is in Amazon.
Then yesterday I spent 3 hours catching up on "Outlander" because season 4 starts tonight and I wanted to be caught up. Phew! I'm... EXHAUSTED!
Let's see...oh, the puppy jumped up on the bed, turned on our light, and knocked down an old journal (#11) that I made last fall and tore it apart. I didn't even know he was chewing on it. So, there goes that one...sigh...I threw what was left of it away.
Not much else doing on. Here are some pics of my recent journal covers and their insides sticking out all over the place! I even made a Gertrude Bell journal for sale in my ETSY shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
This is my Bohemian one. I absolutely LOVE all the threads and fabric!
This one is called "Postcards"...more of a travel theme.
This is my Gertrude Bell one. I made it for a journal making challenge. We were ONLY allowed to use certain items (4 were given and we got to choose 4 more)....It was called a "deserted island" challenge. I chose Bell because, to me, she is an absolutely fascinating historical figure. It is in my ETSY shop.
A side view of the "Postcards" one...
If you ever wish to view my You Tube channel with my journals, here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/deserthorses5 I make a video for every journal I make. It helps me keep a record and I can also see my progress as a journal maker.
Until next time!
~~~~~Cheryl Ann~~~~~




your journals are beautiful - i see them often on instagram. i don't hang out at FB much anymore. I watched romanoffs - the first one i liked the second one was okay and i didn't care for the third one. Can't wait to visit the desert areas again when it cools off.
ReplyDelete