We now have 5 grandkids (2 here near us and 3 over the hill in Temecula). We don't see the Temecula clan more than once a month, but I drive the 5 year old to kindergarten every morning from daycare and I pick her up Wednesday afternoons when she has an early release day. We've been to 4 different libraries here in our desert, the local nursery, to Whole Foods (twice), to Gelson's for watermelon (when it was in season), to the car wash (she LOVED IT), and to the Children's Discovery Museum in Rancho Mirage. This week it was a trip to COSTCO because Nana needed birdseed and coffee. She pranced and danced all around and people thought she was "adorable". (Yeah, if they only knew...) Oh, and we went to the local park too because I had to kill 2 hours until I had to go BACK to daycare and pick up the 2 year old brother...
ANYWAY, she had to try out EVERY SINGLE piece of playground equipment at the park. Then, she spied the roses as we were leaving and she had to smell EVERY SINGLE ONE. Then I heard her say, "Nana, come see this BUG!" By that time, I was exhausted from trying to keep up with her. So, I shuffled off and yup...there was a beautiful mantis on one of the yellow rose bushes! It was... HUGE! So, we had a little lesson about mantises. It's always good to have a life lesson, eh?
So, this morning she asked, "Is Papa going with us to the Wildlights tonight (at the Living Desert)"????? HUH? Um, no. Papa doesn't care for that kind of thing. He would prefer to stay home, crank up the portable heater until the house is 90 degrees, and wrap himself up in a blanket. So, NO, he isn't going. I told her, "um, no...Papa isn't coming" to which she replied, "Why not?"
Because he is old and tired and CRANKY (and that's what I told her). So, of course, she asked, "Is he older than YOU?" (aaaahhhhh...the frankness of 5 year olds)...Yes, by 2 years, but he acts like it is 10.
I need to get him on Vitamin D so that I DO NOT have to suffer him through another winter of SAD (seasonal something disorder) (not enough sunlight)...
In the meantime, Miss Ellie went skipping to school this morning...
Later...
YES! Our local mountains have SNOW this morning. I haven't uploaded my photos yet, but I'll do that later.
~Cheryl Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment