COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, November 15, 2018

SMOKE in our valley

So, as I was driving the kindergarten grand daughter, Miss Ellie, to school this morning (which I do EVERY school morning), I noticed streaks of smoke across the eastern portion of our sky.   It must be smoke from the Fontana/Rialto fire (which I forget the name of...).   How sad to see.  It seems the big fires are now about 35-50% contained and northern California should get some rainfall by Thanksgiving. 

I went to my local WalMart supercenter this morning and asked if they were collecting items for the fire victims.   They said, "NO, just our valley".   They have a drive for the needy here in our valley.  Hmmm...don't the fire victims need items, too?   I think I'll just make a donation to the Red Cross.

Not much going on here.  We don't go anywhere.   Gasoline costs too much.   It was up to $3.89 and $3.99 here, but now it seems to be down to $3.69.   I filled up my car at Sam's Club and paid $3.29 a gallon and saved $6.00 from what I previously paid at our nearby Shell.   Driving Miss Ellie to school every day, I have to fill up my car once a week and, believe me, I keep an eye on gasoline prices!   YIKES!

Just a couple of photos from a few years ago.   I haven't been up to the horses for a month and I doubt I'll get up there until everyone is off school next week.

 Fall leaves up in Garner Valley from a couple of years ago...
Fall leaves up at the ranch from a few years ago.   I haven't seen the leaves yet this year.   That's my gelding, Sunni...

No comments:

Post a Comment