One morning it was this:
"Nana"...
"Yes, Ellie"....
"Is Ripley dead?" (Ripley was our 11 year old black lab who passed in May)...
"Yes, honey."
"Was she old?"
"Yes, honey."
"ARE YOU OLD?"
...hummm....this is going to take some thinking...
"Not as old as Ripley in human years." (Ripley would have been 77)
"Are you going to die, Nana?"
....oh, the heavy thinking going on here...
"Someday, honey..."
"WHEN?"
(Like she's in a hurry to get rid of me?)
"Well, not today, and hopefully not tomorrow..."
"Like my fish Goldilocks?" (her goldfish who was found one morning floating in her bowl, upside down...)
"Yes, honey..."
Then it was on to nursery rhymes.
Such are our morning conversations. I should write a book: "Conversations with Miss Ellie"...
She CAN be adorable, like when she says, "Nana, I LOVE YOU!"
Awwww.......

Very cute. So interesting how young minds work!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we have some fascinating conversations! I'm going to have to remember them and repost them here!!!! I love her curiousity! I can't wait until her 2 year old brother is old enough for these deep thinking conversations!
ReplyDelete