COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Retirement has some surprises

I NEVER, in a million years, thought hubby would love watching the birds out front.   He always joked to friends and family how I loved it, but he is NOT a true nature lover like me.

SURPRISE!

GUESS WHO loves to sit in his office, with his window open, and listen and watch the birds?   Yup.   I even moved some of the feeders over by his window so that he can indulge himself.   And, he loves to hear them!

WHO would have thunk?    This is the guy who used to work 60 hours a week and weekends!   However, I've noticed how much he has slowed down since retiring 2 1/2 years ago.   He hardly EVER goes out anywhere anymore, so I was surprised when he went to our neighborhood WalMart yesterday to buy ground turkey to make turkey chili and made it... ALL BY HIMSELF!   Of course, it is enough to feed Alexander's army, but that's okay...at least he got up out of his chair!

Well, this is our LAST DAY of pleasant temperature before we go up into the 90's, high 90's and even 100's next week.   Ugh.   NOT looking forward to that.   I'll have to call our air conditioner company and have them come out and do the "spring check" of their system and make sure that there's enough freon (or whatever they use now) to get us through the summer.   I wonder what kind of summer we will have.   So far this year, it has been 3.5 months WITHOUT temps in the 100's, which apparently is a NEW RECORD!   We haven't done that since ... 1970!!!!

I have to babysit today and then tomorrow I'm going up for a horse visit.   Then I babysit again Friday morning and then we stay in for the weekend.   It's the 2nd weekend of the Coachella concert and NOBODY in their right mind wants to be out on the freeway Thursday night or Friday!!!!

Have a happy Easter weekend!   My hollyhocks are starting to open up and bloom out front by the mailbox, so I'm HAPPY!
~Cheryl Ann~

2 comments:

  1. your husband ...sounds like mine...after my hard working husband retired he has also enjoyed bird watching like me. In the mountains our table has a big window looking out into the trees. We feel like we are in a treehouse. He also has taken up cooking and i don't even cook anymore at all...he has taken my recipes and perfected them. Hope you don't have too hot of a summer. And Coachella - I just don't get it, lol...why...crowds, etc...but i do remember loving the heat and going to the river back in my younger days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny about your husbands new interest in bird watching. I guess you just never know! I'm not looking forward to the hot summer temps. It means my beloved NE section of the park will be off limits because it gets ridiculously hot out there. Need to head to higher elevation!

    ReplyDelete