COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Well, I overdid it yesterday!

I was supposed to go for a visit to the horses yesterday, but, with all the traffic coming from San Diego over Highway 74, I decided to postpone my visit.  Good thing, too, because I understand that drivers were whizzing through Anza and acting horribly.   Ugh.   Who needs that?

So, instead I decided to tackle the weeds (AGAIN) out front.   I used the weeder and did it along the side, next to my sunflowers, and along the street.   Ha, ha...don't want the city code enforcement officer to give me a citation for "weeds" even though many houses around us need some TLC!

Next I decided to mow a little bit more in the back yard with my NEW lawnmower!   I got about 1/3 of it done last week with no problems.   HOWEVER, yesterday I also yanked up some weeds with my bare hands (I probably shouldn't have done that...), finished another 1/3 of the back yard, and took the weeder back there, too.

By then, I was a... COMPLETE MESS.   My eyes were watering.   My nose was running.  I was coughing.  I never had problems breathing, just everything was running!   I sneezed and sneezed and sneezed.   I FINALLY came in, took a shower, and laid down.  At one point I SCREAMED at my husband to go buy me some Zyrtec (it is what our kids recommened), so he did.

I slept for 2 1/2 hours!   Got up, watched a movie, slept another 2 hours, got up, ate a grilled cheese sandwich, watched another movie, and fell asleep for the evening at 9:30.

I feel 80% better this morning (NO SNEEZING), but I'm woozy...or... LOOPIER than usual (as hubby likes to say)!

Next time I'll wear long sleeves and a MASK!
Ugh!
At least the yard looks halfway decent now.
~~Cheers~~
Cheryl Ann     (see below)
P.S.
I just looked up ragweed.   We have it ALL OVER the yard!   We also have lamb's quarters (I believe that is what I pulled out with my bare hands).
OOPS!   The guy across the street is out sneezing right now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment