COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, January 19, 2018

Back to the Living Desert Reserve (2nd trip)

Our daughter and son-in-law wanted to return to the Living Desert Reserve before they both returned to school and work, so off we went over the Martin Luther King 3 day holiday.  It was another gorgeous day here in the desert and we had to peel off our layers before we were done!  PHEW!  Keeping up with the grandkids is HARD WORK!

 We showed the kiddos the Cahuilla Indian exhibit.  It was nice and cool inside!
 Dad was interested in the fish here at the oasis.
 The family looking at the pond.  Over the years the reeds have grown and grown and now nearly cover it.  I remember when the reeds were all the way in the back!
 The little munchkins on the tortoise statue near the pond.
 By the time we were ready to leave, the reserve was getting crowded!
The nearly 2 year old was... TIRED!  He fell asleep in the car as soon as his parents put him in his car seat!

3 comments:

  1. Nice day with the grandkids. Sure they loved it. Nice to live so close to nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to take my granddaughter here. Based on your post and photos, I think she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot you have this blog - i need to stop by more often. I can't wait to get to the d desert before spring hits and the temps heat up. I remember the only time I've been there was when my grandkids were little.

    ReplyDelete