I decided to get up to the ranch where I board my horses yesterday. I needed to worm them and I needed to buy pellets and I have to babysit the 2 year old TERROR today! (I really do love him, but he IS a handful!!!!) So I donned my jeans (which for some reason I can BARELY fit into...they must have shrunk?), my working boots, my white shirt, and stopped at Whole Foods where I purchased a SPF 30 sunscreen stick. I LOVE IT! I've noticed that sunscreen is either (a) TOO GREASY or (b) TOO STICKY. This one, was sticky, but not too sticky. I may go back today and buy another one. AND, it fits in my purse!
I digress...
ALL the horses needed a good brushing. Of course, SILLY QUAD greeted me with a nicker to ask, "WHERE ARE THE PELLETS MOM?" so I did him first. OH MY GOODNESS! His hair literally came off as I was petting him. Ugh....so he got brushed first. He is such a good boy.
Then Gigondas. She doesn't really like human touch, but she DID let me brush her. GOOD GIRL!
Then Sunni. His right side is his "off" side and I never really did that side, but his left side is all shiny now.
Finally, Scout, who could have cared less. She just wanted her pellets.
OF COURSE it was "breezy" up there and chilly. I worked with my long sleeved shirt on and I was glad I threw it in the car!
So, I unloaded 6 bags of pellets (50 POUNDS EACH), wormed them, brushed them, fed them, and gave them all some oil. I trimmed both Sunni's tail and Gigondas' since they were nearly dragging on the ground. I need to return next week and clean out water bowls...always SOMETHING to do! :-)
NO PHOTOS. I'm so FILTHY when I'm up there I don't even want to touch my camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment