COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Just a few photos of my hollyhocks

I'm really enjoying my hollyhocks this Spring.   I planted the seeds a year ago last fall and I had 3 of them come up and they survived last year's BRUTAL summer.   This year I planted more and they have just thrived.  I go out every morning and water them.   I love their colors, I love how the buds open up, and I love seeing the hummingbirds visit them.  We've had some terrible winds here this season, so yesterday I went out and tied up 3 of them.

Here are some photos of my lovelies:



Sometimes after I've sprayed them with water, I run out with my camera.   I have about 30 new photos, but I haven't uploaded them yet...maybe tomorrow.

By the way, it will be 100 degrees here today, then down to the low 90's, then the mid-80's here next week.  Mid-80's are PERFECT here, as long as there isn't any humidity.

I sold a journal yesterday, so I need to go to the post office and mail it out to its new home today.

Take care.
~Cheryl Ann~

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. I only see them here after the Japanese beetles eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are beautiful! It would be fun to see the hummingbirds feeding at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not fast enough to run and get my camera for the hummers...DARN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and beautiful photos of them!

    ReplyDelete