I retired April 30, 2016, the day our 2nd grandson was born. His family is only 11 miles away, in north Indio, and I now babysit him and his sister at least once or twice a week. He is...to put it mildly, 'HELL ON WHEELS"!!! Little snipey! He gets into EVERYTHING! He stands on the kitchen table, he pushes chairs next to the granite island and stands on it. he PICKS UP DOG POOP, he takes off his diaper, and he can outrun me! But, I dearly LOVE HIM! He reminds me of my maternal grandfather with his blue eyes and blonde hair and he has that mischievous grin!
Anyway, it wasn't me, but HUBBY popped a disc or something in his back and I'm having to drive him now twice a week to the chiropractor. In the meantime, he ditched his rigid, old chair and bought a rocker/recliner which he now sleeps in at night. (AL: just like you!). I went out this morning and I'm surprised the neighbors at the end of the street didn't hear HIS SNORING! At least, in his chair, he can get a decent night's sleep! He also ordered me one of the chairs and it has now been sitting on the front porch for... 3 days! We'll get around to bringing it in probably this afternoon.
I'm going up to the horses today to buy pellets and give them a "spa day". I'm sure they ALL need brushing and need to have their manes brushed. I need to buy 6 bags of pellets, which I'll have to unload BY MYSELF! Ugh.
We've had HORRIBLE winds here the last 2 days. In fact, they knocked over a couple of trucks out on Interstate 10 and power was out in a couple of cities due to power lines being blown down.
The grosbeaks are back here in the desert! I saw 4 of them yesterday and poppa is out front right now at the water bowl getting a drink. They stop here every Spring for a couple of weeks, then move on...
My garden out back is FULL of sunflowers, hollyhocks, sweet peas, beans, and 3 squash plants. I found a package of corn from 2017 and I'm thinking about planting it back there, too, and then I can watch the corn grow! HA!
Here are some pics from my yard out back. I also have 3 lavender plants and 1 mint.
My "Monet" garden!
Ah, flowers. In MI waiting for rain and ice to start.
ReplyDelete