I'm slowly recovering from the loss of Ripley. This has hit me extremely hard. Maybe it is because I'm older now? Maybe because, after 5 male dogs, I FINALLY had a female and we bonded? I don't know. I've really been in a dark world. I am trying to carry on my normal routine: feed the birds, water the plants, make a couple journals. My heart wasn't into making happy butterfly ones, so I made a grimoire and an interactive one. I'm BORED making stupid happy ones with flowers and butterflies. I want something dark...brown or black. I've been spraying coffee on paper and I like the way it looks. I'm taking a week off...I just can't seem to be creative right now.
We took a weekend and spent the night with our son and his family in Temecula. It was good to get away and to see their 3 kids, ages 9, 3, and 8 months. Then, we came back home...sigh...
We eventually would like another dog. The house is so empty without one. Any suggestions for a couple in their mid 60's? We both don't want another German shepherd...too many health issues. Ripley, being a mutt, lived the longest and she was never sick until the end of her life.
Any shelters we should visit?
Thanks, in advance.
~~Cheryl Ann~
Any type of Lab. We love Black Labs.
ReplyDeleteHow about a golden lab? Or something about medium sized? You would be doing something wonderful if you looked at the closest animal rescue or humane society offerings. There are so many needing homes.
ReplyDelete