COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Update

I'm still around...barely...

Ripley's death hit me really hard.   I don't know if it is because I'm older now, or what, but I sunk into a really DARK PLACE for weeks.  I seem to be coming out of it now, after the 3 day weekend we spent with our kids and grandkids up in Big Bear.  It was ... quite exciting (and exhausting) to share 1 cabin with 5 grandchildren!  Two of them were early risers and Nana got to feed them their breakfast, since I was the only one awake!  We put peanuts out on the patio for the squirrel, blue jays, and woodpeckers, and even got visited by some smaller birds.   The jays and woodpecker ate leftover grapes and blueberries from breakfast. 

We stopped by a local brewery in Redlands on our way up to Big Bear and saw a lady with... 2 CHOCOLATE LABS!   We got to talking to her and she mentioned a breeder in Ontario, so hubby called yesterday.   However, they are $1,000 to $1,100 EACH.   Yeah, we just don't have that kind of disposable money for a dog.  I've put in an application to a rescue organization down in San Diego, but everything is on hold until after June 15.   We're taking a short trip to the eastern Sierra and Papa also wants to stop at the humane societies along the way home and take a look.  So, we'll see...They do seem to have some nice looking dogs up there. 

I did manage to sell 2 journals, but my heart, at least right now, isn't into making any more.   I need to heal.  I just can't concentrate or focus right now.

So, I take one day at a time.  I spent most of my day reading library books and running errands.  Life goes on...barely...

~~Cheryl Ann~~

2 comments:

  1. wow I haven't been here in so long - and sorry to read about your Ripley. Losing a loved fur baby is so hard! Hope your doing better. How hot are you there. We hit 100 here in the mountains yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl Ann! I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling down. This post is a couple of months old, and I hope you starting to feel better. I totally sympathize with what you said in your post. I've been there and know how it feels. Hang in there my friend. Hope to see you back here soon...

    ReplyDelete