COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, December 31, 2018

And a Happy New Year!

Tomorrow is New Year's Day and our son's birthday was the 28th, so off I went to Temecula.   It was gorgeous weather:   warm, dry, and clear!   I went to my favorite sandwich shop/bakery and ordered 3 different slices of cake:   chocolate, red velvet, and tres leches for his birthday.  And, I ordered a ham & cheese sandwich for me to go!   I was STARVING by the time I got there about 1:30.   I'm finding that with retirement, our meals aren't set at a specific time...we eat whenever we are hungry.   And, sometimes that is late in the afternoon.

Had a nice visit with the son and his family.   The baby is now 16 months old and ready to talk.   Both of her parents are very verbal, so I imagine she will be too!   The 4 year old LOVES to draw and color with Grandma, so we did that.   She misses me.   I need to get over the hill to see them more often.

Then I watched Jurassic World:  Lost Kingdom with the 9 year old...slept in until 6:30 the next morning and went to see the beavers.   NONE.   Not a sound.   Nada...Their creek is FULL of water and I saw some old beaver dams, but nothing new.   I'm not even sure they are around...

I headed home and returned about 11 a.m. and fed the birds.  A Cooper's hawk was on the telephone pole across the street cackling to his mother or sibling.   I believe there are 3 of them now in the neighborhood.   They do catch a dove every now and then.

I've picked up some books and am reading mysteries.  I'm not crafting right now.  I'm kind of in a slump.  I need to rethink this crafting thing.   It just isn't working out as well as I hoped it would and it IS an expensive hobby...I spent about 6 months changing my hobbies focus, from canvas to wood, and then finally making journals.   While I LOVE working with paper and creating, I need to really revamp my style.   We'll see...sigh...AND it is a very competitive endeavor. 

So, we're just staying in tonight.   Too old to go anywhere and hubby already has a couple bottles of bubbly...

Two of the little munchkins...

No comments:

Post a Comment