I drove to our son's home in Temecula last weekend to attend the grandson's baseball game. He is 10 now and is on a team that has only lost 1 game all season. Those kids are sure baseball savvy! They steal, they fake each other out, but they also still miss a lot of thrown balls. Anyway, his team won 24-3. And, I got to visit the 18 month old and the 4 year old, who acts like she is 18!
ANYWAY...I digress...
The hillsides on Highway 74 going from Palm Desert to Temecula were all COVERED with wildflowers! I've never seen so many lupines! I need to return to the horse ranch tomorrow and brush, brush, brush all 4 horses since I only stayed long enough to greet them and check their pellet cans (all empty!) on Saturday morning.
There are quite a few hillsides covered with California poppies, and I'll need to find a decent parking space to park and take photos. That's also true for Highway 74. There just aren't enough turnouts.
Here are a few photos I took Saturday morning:
I've been driving this road since 2006. I have NEVER seen so many wildflowers as what is there this Spring!
Have a great day!
~Cheryl Ann~
Enjoy it for me!
ReplyDeleteahhh i bet it was a gorgeous drive. Love the photos. We keep planning to go to Temecula but haven't so far. One of our sons is working there on construction of a new school so we thought we could meet him for dinner some night. I need to get out and see these flowers before they all die off.
ReplyDelete