Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mountain wildflowers~Today's Flowers 061310




There are acres and acres of these beautiful purple flowers in our local mountains right now. While the desert is moving into summer mode, the mountains are still having spring. I drive past these flowers every time I go to visit my horses. I choose to board them up in the mountains, rather than down here in the desert. First of all, it is much cheaper! Second, during the winter months, as they grow out their long hair, they seem to adapt to the weather much easier than our 120 degree summer temperatures! Besides, I enjoy driving by such beauty! Today's Flowers for June 13, 2010.

9 comments:

  1. just lovely...what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the 102 degrees!!My son lives in AZ and he and family come here to Canada for a few weeks to escape the heat!!I am amazed how the desert vegetation stores water and adapts to this extreme heat!It is exciting to see color in flowers while hiking the desert mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They beautify the acres with little colorful pieces of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wildflowers,looks like a beautiful place with a wonderful view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used my Nikon D40. I just got a new lens for it for our anniversary~~a Tamron 18-200 mm lens. I love that lens! I used to have a 55-200 Nikon, but it consistently took fuzzy photos, so hubby sold it and bought me this one. Thanks for the comment! And, it was late afternoon light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just take me there to dance among all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 120 degree summers? I am not going to moan about ours any more. I will feel a bit of a wimp :) Beautiful wildflowers, love to see them up against the fence like that.

    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look like wild Penstemon to me. We only have these as garden flowers, as they do not grow in the wild over here. I'd love to see a close-up if you come past them again next summer.

    ReplyDelete