Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"T" is for tree~~ABC Wednesday 060210


Hubby and I headed for the Sierras over Memorial Day weekend and we stayed two nights in Lone Pine. We drove out to the Alabama Hills early Monday morning before returning to the desert. I saw this TREE among the rocks there and walked further to take some pics of it. It is a cottonwood tree, nestled among the boulders of the Alabama Hills. It almost appears as if the big rock on the right is ready to tumble down! We love this area of the Sierras and stop by every time we visit them. ABC Wednesday for June 2, 2010..."T" is for tree.

6 comments:

  1. It's so interesting to see a tree in between the boulders... and those boulders really looked amazing!

    I have two entries for ABC Wednesday, you can check it HERE and HERE. Happy mid-week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this photo image,
    it reminds me of view when I do mountain hikes..

    cute t post!
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your post was about the tree, but the thing that struck me most was the rock on the right. It looks like a person with a very blank and big face! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lonely, but striking tree. Sounds like a nice TRIP.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible scene! That rock does look ready to tumble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing how trees can grow in the most precarious places? I do agree, however - I would not want to be anywhere near the boulder on the right if there was even the tiniest "shake rattle and roll" going on.

    ReplyDelete