Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cahuilla Mountain~SkyWatch Friday 052810

I took a dirt road with the RAV one weekend and climbed toward the top of Cahuilla Mountain. Cahuilla Mountain is one of the most widely-reported spots in Southern California for UFO sightings. It is very remote and there aren't that many roads up it. You would need a 4-wheel drive to get to the top and someday I'll do that! SkyWatch Friday for May 28, 2010.

4 comments:

  1. It does look remote and on this day at least it had a clear blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. Are the snakes an issue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, in 30+ years of tromping around our mountains, I've only run into a rattlesnake ONCE! However, I was pregnant with our daughter at that time. It was right at my feet when I looked down. Believe me, instinct took over...I FROZE and it slithered away! I nearly had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete