The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Friday, May 14, 2010

San Andreas fault zone~SkyWatch and Looking at the Sky on Friday 051410
















As I walked back from the oasis in Pushawalla Canyon, near Indio, CA, I stopped to admire the geological evidence all around me. This canyon runs right along the San Andreas fault and that is why the palms and water are there! I would like to return to the canyon sometime, but with my husband! He would enjoy seeing all of its beauty.
SkyWatch Friday and Looking at the Sky on Friday for May 14, 2010.

6 comments:

  1. The rugged beauty is awesome! What an inspiring place to wander!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos :) Beautiful.

    Just a word of warning... A while back I received an email from the people at Skywatch asking me not to link to both them and Looking at the Sky on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads-up! In that case, I won't post to SkyWatch Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhere a lizard
    flicks out its tongue and snatches
    a fly in mid-flight.

    Looking at the Sky…Remembering
    Craggy sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also enjoy the geology I see around me. I like both the rocks that have been thrust up at an angle as well as the striations in the rocks. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete