Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Cactus close up~Cactus Monday 051710




I found this cactus up in the mountains and got real close for a look. It is a cholla cactus. Sometimes bits of the cholla fall off and are picked up by an animal or human. I always wear my heavy-duty hiking boots when I'm out and around, just in case there is cholla. These blossoms are just ready to open. I'll have to go back and see how they are doing! Cactus Monday for April 17, 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Cool photos! I was inspired by all the cholla blossoms lately, and sketched some this morning! Have a happy CM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have a RAV 4 too! About 2 weeks ago I found out all about the Cholla. They are sneaky, aren't they? Beautiful photos. HCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideaabout wearing those heavy boots... I certainly learned my lesson the hard way...Great shots! Happy Cactus Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete