Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

New road to explore~Nature Notes 052010


I live in the desert, near Palm Springs, but I board my 5 rescue horses up in our local mountains. So, every time I drive from the desert to the mountains, I pass through pinyon country. Sometimes I just pull off onto the dirt road, roll down my windows, and feel the cool air. I LOVE looking up at the mountains, like this one. This week, there was a slight breeze and I pulled over to hear it whisper through the pinyons. And, my heart rate lowers when I see views like this! I'm hoping our air conditioner works today as it will be 98 degrees down in the valley today. ACK! We try to live without a/c as long as we can, but yesterday was 98 degrees and the house didn't cool down at all last night. We both sat in our chairs with fans on and sweated. So, we may have to turn on the ole a/c today (...sad face...) Nature Notes for May 20, 2010. I won't be able to drive up the mountain today as I'm going to the retirement party for two teachers who are taking early retirement!

5 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful spot. That would be a great view to bring peace and calm into the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting clouds you have there. I'd love to be there with you, listening to the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enlarging your photo and taking a good close look lowers my bp, too. Very serene, big, wild. I'm loving it!~karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful place and views! Wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too feel much more relaxed out in nature, I understand fully. I love that you took in resuced horses. My sister was telling me that many people have faced real hardships with the cost of feeding their horses. She is going to have to clean some pasture on her property as hay is so expensive for her three horses...Michelle

    ReplyDelete