COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Got my sunflowers planted and nasturtiums, too!

We didn't have any babysitting stuff yesterday and I'm taking a break from journal making, so I headed outdoors.  It was a nice morning here, so I gathered up my seed packets and did a quick inventory.  I have a TON of sunflower seeds, so I planted 2 packs (from 2016...) out back under the dripping hose and the bird bath.  There are a few already sprouting there from loose birdseed anyway, so I figured, why not?

Then I went out front and planted nasturtiums and some kind of white daisy seeds along the front walk.  The nasturtiums are coming up from last years' crop too! 

Today I'll go out and plant a few more sunflowers here and there.  I have about a dozen packets to plant.  And, like I said, some are from 2016, so I'm not sure how many of those will sprout.

I'm anxious to plant my sweet peas and hollyhocks along the back chain link fence.  I MAY get to do that Friday.  We have babysitting today, tomorrow, and Saturday morning...so we'll see...

This is a good time to plant things here in the desert.  This is one of the prime growing seasons.  There is a huge plot down by our daughter's home and sometimes I see a big green John Deere tractor there.  The 4 year old granddaughter always enjoys seeing the big green tractor!

Until tomorrow then...

~Cheryl Ann~

No comments:

Post a Comment