I took all these photos up at the Los Rios apple orchard, which I believe is now called "Riley's Los Rios". I think Riley's Farm bought them out. Riley's Farm is actually further down the road and is the first apple orchard you come to as you drive up Beaumont Avenue. If you take Interstate 10 to Beaumont, get off at Beaumont Avenue and follow it right up to Oak Glen. The original Riley's Farm, down the road, has a huge white barn and the folks there dress up in Revolutionary War costumes. They actually have a petting zoo right by the parking lot and a working strawberry patch and a gift store. You can actually go inside the main building there, too. It is a lot of fun.
However, we were at the Los Rios apple orchard, which is up the hill past the curve in the road. They do have a petting zoo...I just don't know if the class got to see it because I left early. They have a huge lawn and picnic area and they are next to the Wildlands Conservacy with its trails and sunflowers. They also have a large gift shop, apple store, and a cafe and bakery. They always seem to be smoking ribs too! :-) During Halloween time, they decorate the place with pumpkins.
Here are more photos from our exciting day:
Kiddos were learning how apple cider is made...
Nana sat down and rested on one of these chairs!
No comments:
Post a Comment