Our son's 40th birthday was Saturday, so Friday I drove up and through our local Santa Rosa mountains to visit him and his family in Temecula. It was a gorgeous drive the day after a huge storm dumped snow above 4,000 feet in our local mountains. There was snow from Pinyon Pines through the west side of Anza. The Anza valley was completely covered with it. I stopped at a turnout on the Indian reservation area, where there is an oak forest, and when I exited the car, I could hear snow falling from the oak trees! I even got hit a couple of times by falling snow! It was amazing! And, yes, hubby's car even skidded a few times in the shady areas, even though I was driving very slowly and carefully. We had a good visit and I'll do another post about Temecula Creek later. Here are the snow photos:
Looking down from Vista Point, Highway 74 across to Joshua Tree National Park and its fresh snow.
Another view.
Mt. San Jacinto in all her glory.
Looking up at Santa Rosa peak from Pinyon Pines
A view from the entrance to the pinyon Flat campground toward the San Jacinto mountains
San Jacinto mountains
another view
Another view from Pinyon
No comments:
Post a Comment