COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Rain and RAIN and now weeds everywhere

We had 2 days of rain last week, which I am thankful for, but now the WEEDS are thriving!   They are... EVERYWHERE! 

My front garden does have some California poppies coming up and some herbs.   I threw out seeds of chamomile, sage, lavender, and I forget what else.   Guess I'll have to wait until Spring to figure out what they are!   I knew the rain was coming, so I ran out and sowed them in the ground.   I still have cosmos and marigolds, which are thriving!   I also have some sunflowers coming up.    Our son and his family stopped by Sunday to visit her parents in the next town, so the kiddos got to see "Nana's Garden".

I planted sweet peas out back along the chain link fence that bisects the yard and I planted sugar snap peas along the neighbor's fence, but they haven't sprouted yet.   It seems to take them about 10 days AND RAIN to sprout.   I went out yesterday and watered everything, since it has been a few days since our last rainfall and we have none in the forecast for the next 10 days.   I don't want my seeds to dry out, for sure!

Here are some photos from the front garden:






Yes, I have bees!    So happy to see them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment