COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Busy, busy, busy!!!

Hubby and I haven't really gone anywhere, but we sure have been busy!  First, we got a crew in here to save the bee hive up in our 30 year old cottonwood tree.  And, they cut most of it down.  Then, another crew came in and did a thorough yard cleanup.  We actually have stacks of cottonwood branches and logs now for a friend to come by and chop down to burning size after he seasons it.

Yesterday we drove out to Home Depot and ordered 2 chain link gates, one for each side of the house.  Damn dog needs to be kept in the yard and we decided to get a double one for the side that is 10' wide, so if we ever again need a truck to come into the back yard, it can get in.  We are also putting one on the other side of the yard, since DD (damn dog) ruined the wooden fence there the night I spent down in Temecula when hubby had his emergency hospital visit.  We simply CANNOT leave her alone in the yard if we are ever gone again.  She's escaped twice and I really do NOT wish to encounter a 3rd time!  She is tagged, licensed, and microchipped, but, as I've said before, we are just 1 block off two of the busiest streets in town and I don't wish for her to wander onto either one of them!  NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I've spent 5 days now out back trimming our palo verde and rogue acacia trees.  It looks pretty clean out there now and in fact, I put a couple of chairs into the middle of a nice, shady area.  It looks very Celtic.  I have hanging bird feeders and a couple of wind chimes.  I'd like to find a couple more and I may go "thrifting" today!  What fun!

I'm slowing down on the yard work because, frankly, after 5 days of it, I'm TIRED.  I filled up 5 of the large Burrtec trash recycle containers and yesterday I filled up 2 more.  I need a break, but there is just so much to do!

Instead, today I'm going to throw out California poppy seeds and African daisy seeds into an area of the front yard that gets full sun.  Hopefully I'll have some nice flowers next spring for photos!

We bought 6 extra heavy duty Adirondack chairs at Home Depot yesterday.  They were on sale for $12.00 each!  What a deal!  They are usually over $20.00...we will put them on the side patio.  Hubby wants to buy a wood burning outdoor chimney stove thing, so we may go back today and buy that.  Then we can sit outside on our patio and have a brandy at night!  Ha!

Take care.
Cheers!
~Cheryl Ann~


2 comments:

  1. That wood burning stove would be a great way to slowly burn off the Cottonwood branches.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete