COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Chores and getting things done

We have a LOT of tree trimming to do here and, unfortunately, WE can't do it.  The trees are just too big.

The cottonwood in our back yard is going to HAVE to come down.  The neighbors are complaining.  They've never liked it.  So, home for the doves, ravens, and the occasional owl and Cooper's hawk will be taken down today.

We need to trim the huge mesquite tree out front, since it is hanging over our porch and when the winds blow, it is scratching the porch....sigh...

Finally, one of the eucalyptus trees out back is apparently hanging over the neighbor's yard and now they are complaining about that.  Complaining to their lawyer...THAT kind of complaint.  So, we'll have to get IT trimmed.

In the meantime, we got the bill from the ambulance.  $240 to drive less than 1 mile from our son's house to the hospital and $1,800 for hubby's transport to the hospital.  Between my Blue Cross and his Medicare, however, we shouldn't have to pay much.  Now we are waiting for the hospital bill...4 nights there and umteen tests...OY!

I'm going to go ahead and sign up for Medicare and see what happens.  If it is privatized, I'll deal with that, but I need to get signed up either today or tomorrow.  Hubby purchased a separate portion for his Part D coverage and for $17 a month, I think I'll do so also.  You never know when I could fall again while taking a photo!

For those of you who have Medicare...are you happy with it and the coverage?  For those of you who have a Medicare Supplement, are you happy with it?  Please share your thoughts.  I'll be 65 in February and I DO have medical insurance through my school district until then, but this whole process of choosing health insurance is giving me nightmares and headaches.  What did you do?

Thanking you in advance,
~Cheryl Ann~

2 comments:

  1. Dolly and I had to have four diseased Ash trees and four pine trees cut down this past summer. That was an expensive task since we had to have someone do it for us.
    We have been on Medicare with a Plan F supplement for many years now and love it. Never get a bill, except for eyes and dental. Those aren't covered by medicare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medicare and Priority Advantage plan. Heart stents bill of 48000 and we paid 54. Works great!

    ReplyDelete